Ribbon Murukku (Pakoda)
This past weekend, we had been to visit my husband's distant relative, who is doing his school here for past 1 year. It was planned all of a sudden during Friday. He, loves snacks esp traditional ones, so Mil and me started making some which we made for Diwali. As i mentioned in my Diwali Post, I was so caught up enjoying the festivities that I dint take any snaps. This time , I thought lemme take some and I sure did. We made Ribbon Murukku and Somasi - my Mil's style. When we went and gave him a packet of the goodies, he was so overwhelmed! Nothing like our Indian cultures and festivities and that oneness ! :-) Ribbon Murukku is my entry for Meeta's Monthly Mingle Event : Traditional Feasts
- 1 1/3 cup Besan Flour ( Chickpea flour )
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp dalda ( vegetable shortening )
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
Add all the ingredients in a bowl.
Mix some water. Add 1 tbsp at a time.
The consistency should be such that, it is not too hard nor too soft.It should be like as shown below
Take a Ribbon Murukku maker and keep ready.
Spoon the prepared dough into the maker and press it over some oil heated in a pan for deep fry.
Let it fry for a minute and
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Hushpuppy (Cornbread Fritters)
- Methi Dal (Fenugreek Leaves Dal)
- Coriander (Cilantro) Peanut Chutney
- Chow Chow (Chayote Squash) Curry
- Methi Roti (Fenugreek Flatbread)
- Hummus bi Tahini (Chickpea Hummus with Tahini)
- Vegetable Fried Rice (Indo Chinese)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies
- Roasted Chickpeas with Indian spices
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!