Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
I thought I made lots of pumpkin puree and was wondering how I was going to finish all of it! I need not have worried. With the last of my puree, I made these utterly delicious spiced Pumpkin cupcakes. These cupcakes have gone places - from David Leite to Smitten kitchen to Honey and Jam. With such a fan following, I knew I had to make it.
adapted from honey and jam.
- For the cupcakes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing pans
- 1 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs whites, lightly whisked (see Egg substitutes)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- For the Lemon Cream cheese frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners\' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/4 lemon
Method - For the cupcakes
Preheat Oven 350F (175 C). In a bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
For the Frosting
Cream the cheese, zest and butter together in a bowl.
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge (Layer) Cake
- Panchratna Dal with Radish Greens
- Roasted Jalapeno Soup
- Spongy Eggless Pancakes
- Desi Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
- Hoppin' John (American Black Eyed Peas and Rice)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!