Saffron Tea Loaf
recipe courtesy from 500 fabulous cakes and more
- Generous pinch of Saffron
- 3 cups Lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 cups all-purpose bread flour
- 2 pkts fast -rising dried yeast
- 3 tbsp superfine sugar
- 6 cardamom pods,split open and seeds extracted
- scant 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 egg,beaten
Crush saffron into a cup containing little of the warm milk and leave it to infuse for 5 min.
Beat the remaining milk with honey and egg, then mix this into flour along with saffron milk and strands, to form a firm dough.
Return the dough to the mixing bowl,cover with oiled plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size.
Preheat Oven 400F.Grease 2 pound loaf pan.
Bake the loaf for 25 min until golden brown and firm on top. Turn onto a wire rack, and as it cools brush it with honey
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
- Eggless Chocolate Icecream
- Cherry Coconut Lemonade
- Eggless Vanilla Icecream
- Mexican Fajitas w/ Seitan
- Watermelon Breeze (w/ Coconut Water)
- Wacky Cake (Vegan Chocolate Cake)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!