“In this plate of food, I see the entire universe supporting my existence.”– A Zen blessing
The one thing which I feel binds all the inhabited (Ok! Uninhabited too) fragments of Earth is Food. We all love our traditional and authentic cuisine which we grew up with, but to know, to learn the other delights and to discover the commonality which exists between them is real gourmand’s (in a good sense of course!) pleasure.
If you have already, or all this while waited to cross the borders, go beyond the usual, then this is going to be a wonderful opportunity to share your experiences with the rest of us. I have always been curious about the different cuisines for quite a while now and have tried to incorporate it to my tastes and senses, hence the need to learn and explore this path and which is the reason to start this new Event named “A Worldly Epicurean’s Delight – In short A.W.E.D.” I humbly invite all the talented culinary enthusiasts to join me in this journey of exploring the various cuisines of the world.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.- Albert Einstein
What is that you have to do? Since I intend to keep this site Vegan/Vegetarian, my request would be to make a dish which is vegetarian or made vegetarian. I have mails where faithful readers have asked me for famous recipes which can be made vegetarian. You can refer to my other recipes which are usually non vegetarian / Vegetarian but which I have changed to vegetarian / vegan respectively ( ex: Spaghetti with Bean balls ( in place of meat balls).
You can always mention the non vegetarian ingredients which you normally add to the ingredients list to let everyone know of the non-vegetarian substitutions which one can make, but the recipe on the whole should be a Vegetarian or a Vegan one. This is to get your creative juices flowing and to enable all the vegetarian and vegetarian aspirants get their hands on all the cuisines. Lets get awed with A.W.E.D !!!!
Lemme kick start this event with a Cuisine from the Land of Fiestas – Viva Mexico. I chose this first since its cuisine shares its taste buds with Indian Cuisine (Ahem! If truth be told, in the beginning, I found making these much easier and tastier than the others..but then that how much (or less!), I knew about the rest.) I am sure there are v .v few who would not like a Mexican Spread. From tortillas to tortillas soup, from Burritos to Fajitas, from salsa to Guacamole(!!), the list goes on and on. I am hungry already.
The rules are v v simple
1) Make any dish – be it Appetizer, Main Course or Dessert ( do mention that in your blog) – Vegetarian/Vegan and post the same in your blog /site and link it back to the announcement. Feel free to use the logo.
2) Multiple entries are more welcome than ever, since more the recipes, more the choices available to all of us.
3) Take a snap showcasing your creation and send it across with a size of 300 X 300 pixels.
4) Send me your “Name”, “Recipe”, “Recipe URL”, “Photo” and “Location” to : firstname.lastname@example.org ( thats i(dot)am(dot)awed(at)gmail(dot)com )
5) Last date for the entries are May 15th 2008.
5) Not having a blog is no excuse to let you get away with your tasty creations. So Non-Bloggers pls do send me the same details as above to the mail given.
This event will be as helpful and resourceful as you make it to be and I request your participation to make it a gala success.!