This is a Arabic Desert, and is the most common among these people. There are various methods they are using for the preparation. also the flavor and taste is changing as you travel middle east. They are making this sweet on the occasions like b'days, Anniversaries & festivals.
Step 1 : Preparing the cake
1. Mix all Dry ingredients.
2. Add the Melted butter, Curd and beaten egg in the mix. Mix vigorously and then add baking powder and vanilla essence.
3. Transfer the mixture into a baking pan, already buttered. And then cut the mix into diamond pieces.
4. Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes. Until turn brown and cooked inside. Keep it aside to cool.
Step 2 : Making the Syrup
1. Heat the pan and put the water and sugar in it. Bring it to boil and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes. Until the syrup gets thick.
2. Add the cardamom. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes to absorb all the flavors.
3. Transfer the syrup into a measuring jug let it cool down.
Step 3: Soaking the cake with the syrup & Garnish
1. Pour the syrup on the cake and decorate it with the shredded coconut.
i have learnt this recipe from one of my colleague she is from jordon. what she told me was not that appropriate, as the ladies who are doing home cooking are not so concerned about the measurements. then i have explored through internet and other people in my surroundings. and then finally arrived on my own recipe.