Hyderabadi "Double Ka Meeta"
"Double Ka Meeta" - This Indian Bread pudding is a specialty of Hyderabad and the name of which would many who have had it, drool like crazy. It is an immensely rich dessert and worthy of special occasions. Of course you can make it any other time too if you look like this or if you are a believer that "Weighing Scales are not a reflection of you" ;)
My first introduction to this dish was by a hyderabadi friend (Duh!) during my college days and it stuck to me since. Give this luscious pudding a try! Its another dessert which is really to die for :)
- About 6-7 white bread slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- few strands of safron
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts ( pistas, cashews, slices almonds and chiroli(sara paruppu) seeds)
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Paneer Moong Kathi Roll (Falka Roti)
- Ribbon (Pakoda) Murukku
- Haluski (Hungarian Cabbage w/ Egg Noodles)
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!