Hyderabadi "Double Ka Meeta"
"Double Ka Meeta" - This Indian Bread pudding is a specialty of Hyderabad and the name of which would many who have had it, drool like crazy. It is an immensely rich dessert and worthy of special occasions. Of course you can make it any other time too if you look like this or if you are a believer that "Weighing Scales are not a reflection of you" ;)
My first introduction to this dish was by a hyderabadi friend (Duh!) during my college days and it stuck to me since. Give this luscious pudding a try! Its another dessert which is really to die for :)
- About 6-7 white bread slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- few strands of safron
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts ( pistas, cashews, slices almonds and chiroli(sara paruppu) seeds)
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Hushpuppy (Cornbread Fritters)
- Methi Dal (Fenugreek Leaves Dal)
- Coriander (Cilantro) Peanut Chutney
- Chow Chow (Chayote Squash) Curry
- Methi Roti (Fenugreek Flatbread)
- Hummus bi Tahini (Chickpea Hummus with Tahini)
- Vegetable Fried Rice (Indo Chinese)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies
- Roasted Chickpeas with Indian spices
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!