Hyderabadi "Double Ka Meeta"
"Double Ka Meeta" - This Indian Bread pudding is a specialty of Hyderabad and the name of which would many who have had it, drool like crazy. It is an immensely rich dessert and worthy of special occasions. Of course you can make it any other time too if you look like this or if you are a believer that "Weighing Scales are not a reflection of you" ;)
My first introduction to this dish was by a hyderabadi friend (Duh!) during my college days and it stuck to me since. Give this luscious pudding a try! Its another dessert which is really to die for :)
- About 6-7 white bread slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- few strands of safron
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts ( pistas, cashews, slices almonds and chiroli(sara paruppu) seeds)
- Thakkali Sadam (Tomato Rice Bath)
- Arisi Upma (Rice Rava Upma)
- Paruppu Vadai (Karthigai Vadai)
- Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong dal Kheer)
- Capsicum Cheese Paratha
- Carrot Beans Poriyal (stir fry)
- Kadalai Paruppu Sundal (Bengal Gram Salad)
- Frozen Banana Bites with Chocolate
- Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- Fresh Strawberry Galette
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!