Wholegrain Milk & Cheese Bread
I love good food. Period. But like any other person out there, I also constantly worry about weight! Occasionally (ahem!) I want to splurge myself. When Temperance announced the theme for Bread Baking day as Cheese Bread, I grabbed it with full fervor - no not because its cheese (although its a good reason to be you know!) but for the fact that I had this wholegrain Milk and cheese bread recipe from our kind neighbors about whom I have already mentioned in this blog.The minute it came out of the Oven, I knew it was a keeper.
I had few guests coming over with kids and Cheese is always a favorite. I dint have time to make elaborate lunch, thanks to hectic work schedule, but Baking is something which gets done on the side. I served these with some warm soup along with a light lunch. It not only was a great hit but at the end, everyone ended up feeling rather full and heavy over my light lunch! ;-) This recipe is enough to serve like 5-7 people, so go ahead and halve the recipe if you want. I just have one teeny weeny piece left over which I am munching right now while writing this post :).
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
Scald the milk and cool it to lukewarm. Stir in the honey to the milk.
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese balls (using leftovers)
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge (Layer) Cake
- Panchratna Dal with Radish Greens
- Roasted Jalapeno Soup
- Spongy Eggless Pancakes
- Desi Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!