Sewai Kheer / Vermicelli Pudding (with step by step pictures)
Sewai Kheer is quick yet delicious sweet dish. This is a favoriate of my DH & DS. Its easy and very quick dessert for guests.
Try it... I am sure you will make it often when you want to eat some quick dessert :)
- ½ Packet Vermicelli
- 500 ml Milk
- 2 Tsp. Ghee (clarified butter)
- 4-5 Tsp. Sugar / As per taste
- 3-4 Almonds (chopped)
- 3-4 Cashew nuts (chopped)
- A pinch of saffron threads
1. Crush the Vermicelli.
2. Heat ghee in a kadhai/pan. Add crushed vermicelli and fry for few seconds (stir continuously to avoid burning)
3. Add milk.
4. Cook till vermicelli get cooked and milk get thicker. (5-7 minutes stirring continuously on medium flame)
5. Add sugar, nuts & saffron threads. Stir and cook for another 1 minute.
6. Sewai kheer is ready, Enjoy it hot or cold as you like.
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!