Healthy Zucchini Patties
I had a couple of sweet request for my appetizers for Gazpacho Soup.Your Request, My Command :-) Whenever I go for one pot meal like soups, I include it with either home baked bread or some appetizers. Some mind game in process- may be - no idea, but I carry on nevertheless since it has not gotten any complaints. I have this appetizers which I adapted from some recipe I came across in the net.
Whenever I go for one pot meal like soups, I include it with either home baked bread or some appetizers. Some mind game in process- may be - no idea, but I carry on nevertheless since it has not gotten any complaints. I have this appetizers which I adapted from some recipe I came across in the net. But first some info about Zucchini.
Zucchini is a variety of Summer Squash.
- How to buy
Zucchini have their best flavour when bought small and young with unblemished Skins.
They are rich in Vitamin C and Beta Carotene.
They are all rounders; in the sense, they can be eaten raw , steamed,stir-fried,griddled,pureed or used in soups. Just a little bit of cleaning is enough. It has thin skins which are not needed to be removed at all like cucumbers and so can be eaten with skins.
Now to the recipe
- 4 Zucchini, grated with skins
- 4 - 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Squeeze out the excess water from the grated Zucchini
Add the rest of the ingredients
Mix them well with your hands. Increase flour in case it is too sticky. The final consistency should allow you to make balls and flatten them out as patties.
Heat a non stick pan and spray it with PAM. ( you can of course shallow fry it! I choose to do this way; or if you have the time, you can bake them in the Oven after brushing the patties with some olive oil at 400F. It takes from 30-60min totally depending on the Oven) Roll the mixture into balls, pat them out and place them in the Pan. You can cook up to 5-6 at the same time.
Flip them after 4-5 min when they are golden brown. Serve them with Sauce or in any way you wish.
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Paneer Moong Kathi Roll (Falka Roti)
- Ribbon (Pakoda) Murukku
- Haluski (Hungarian Cabbage w/ Egg Noodles)
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
- Eggless Chocolate Icecream
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!