Blueberry Coffee Cake
There are some recipes, which work so well under your finger's supervision, play along with you as you cook, behave exactly how you dream that it should and come out looking like a winner! They are simply perfect for all occasions - be it a birthday party, a potluck or for that cozy tea with your loved one. Less time in kitchen but the result makes you look like a superwoman - who just managed to finish office work, tidy up home, make something looking shop bought yet look looking fresh and all reared up to go!
Among such recipes is this Blueberry Coffee Cake! The prep time is a laugh and the taste worthy of hours of effort. I have adapted this recipe from TasteofHome magazine where I have made it eggless. Its a total keeper with a wonderful crust yet soft as you nibble through it. Tastes perfect for evening tea - though coffeecake nevertheless! ;-)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries ( dont thaw if frozen)
- 3-4 tbsp cinnamon sugar ( add sugar + cinnamon powder) for topping
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Paneer Moong Kathi Roll (Falka Roti)
- Ribbon (Pakoda) Murukku
- Haluski (Hungarian Cabbage w/ Egg Noodles)
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!