Dried fruit and Oats porridge
By DK on Dec 13, 2007
I am going to start off with a most cliched line.."It seems yesterday " but then here I am with my 50th post! I started into this journey of food blogging, thanks to many wonderful bloggers out there, keeping my fingers crossed, wondering if I would be noticed, apprehensive if I will be given that much needed boost...But I realize now that I need not have been. I have made one hell of a bunch of talented ppl as friends and if at all, I look back and think, is it 3 months already, the credit goes to you all :) More to come from me... Oats are perhaps the most nutritious of all the grains. A quick gist on Oats is as below
- Oat Bran helps to reduce blood cholesterol when taken regularly with dramatic results
- Oats are fiber rich. They contain Vit E and some B Vit, as well as iron, calcium,magnesium,phosphorous and potassium.
Tips and Usage
- Medium Oatmeal is best in cakes and Breads
- Fine oats are good for pancakes, and fruits and milk shakes.
- Oat flour is gluten free and has to be mixed with other flours that contain gluten to make leavened bread.
- Oat Bran can be sprinkled over breakfast cereals and mixed to make smoothies.
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
Serves: 2 people
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup of mixed dried fruits
- 1 apple,chopped with skin ( skin has nutrients too )
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Heat a pan and spray Butter flavored PAM spray generously. Add rolled oats and stir for 2-3 min.
Now add dried fruits, milk and water and let it come to a boil.
Add cinnamon and simmer till soft and mushy.
Be the first to showcase this recipe!
Did you make this recipe?
Please click below to share your experiences while you were making this recipe. Thanks for your input!
- Perfect Homemade Popcorn (stovetop)
- Easy Chocolate Milk
- Pizza Muffins
- Baingan Bhartha (Mashed Smoked Eggplant)
- Egg Dosa with Quinoa
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese balls (using leftovers)
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!