Ratatouille or Rat-a-tat-touille?
Ratatouille Niçoise is a celebrated and traditional vegetarian French stew. My husband during his stay at France has fond memories of it, thanks to having to eat only that most of the days due to minimal vegetarian dishes!:) I love it for the simplicity, for the vibrant color and uncomplicated taste.Indians can totally relate to it, in the sense, the method, the taste are not completely new to us, thanks to our own style of cooking.
- 3-4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large red bell pepper ( tri colors work too :))
- Basil for garnish
- 1 tsp of Herbs de Provence ( or you can use mixed dried herbs like rosemary, marjoram, basil, bay leaf, thyme, lavender flowers etc)
- salt to taste
- Arisi Upma (Rice Rava Upma)
- Paruppu Vadai (Karthigai Vadai)
- Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong dal Kheer)
- Capsicum Cheese Paratha
- Carrot Beans Poriyal (stir fry)
- Kadalai Paruppu Sundal (Bengal Gram Salad)
- Frozen Banana Bites with Chocolate
- Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- Fresh Strawberry Galette
- Cheese Omelet
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!