Ratatouille or Rat-a-tat-touille?
Ratatouille Niçoise is a celebrated and traditional vegetarian French stew. My husband during his stay at France has fond memories of it, thanks to having to eat only that most of the days due to minimal vegetarian dishes!:) I love it for the simplicity, for the vibrant color and uncomplicated taste.Indians can totally relate to it, in the sense, the method, the taste are not completely new to us, thanks to our own style of cooking.
- 3-4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large red bell pepper ( tri colors work too :))
- Basil for garnish
- 1 tsp of Herbs de Provence ( or you can use mixed dried herbs like rosemary, marjoram, basil, bay leaf, thyme, lavender flowers etc)
- salt to taste
- Perfect Homemade Popcorn (stovetop)
- Easy Chocolate Milk
- Pizza Muffins
- Baingan Bhartha (Mashed Smoked Eggplant)
- Egg Dosa with Quinoa
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese balls (using leftovers)
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!