Orange Loaf Cake
I first saw this recipe in a Eye doctor's place!(Really!). Went for my regular annual checkup and they had these plethora of mags lying around among which was this Taste of Home edition. I was flipping through it when I saw this recipe. It clicked immediately and since I had no paper or pen to note it down, I used my phone camera to copy the same. The only changes I made to it(and that's only cos I wanted to use all my oranges and nothing else!) was to increase the Orange juice and decrease the no. of eggs whites from 4 to 2 to accommodate more Orange juice. I also added Orange zest for that extra zing.The rest was just right for me.
- 1-3/4 cup Cake flour (Check here for Cake flour substitutions)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar for dusting
1) How to Bake in Microwave
2) How to Bake in Microwave Convection Oven
For making Substitutions please refer my handy chart:
1) Baking substitutions
2) Egg Substitutions
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Paneer Moong Kathi Roll (Falka Roti)
- Ribbon (Pakoda) Murukku
- Haluski (Hungarian Cabbage w/ Egg Noodles)
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!