1. Grind the items that are listed under "to grind" table & make it into smooth paste adding little water.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker & temper the ingredients that are listed under " to temper" table.
3. Add curryleaves &onions & fry until translucent. Now add the ginger- garlic paste & saute it for 1 min.
4. Now add the ground paste & fry for a minute. Now add the turmeric powder & diced potatoes.
5. Add salt,sugar & add required water. Check for the salt & pressure cook for 1 whistle.
Cashews can be replaced with almonds or even with melon seeds.
If you dnt have ginger- garlic paste then add fresh ginger & garlic while grinding.