How to make Pizza Dough
The above picture looks like fresh homemade Mozzarella cheese, doesn't it? Yummy though it sounds (Love that stuff!), its sadly not. But what I have is something which when baked with assorted topping can make everyone's taste buds go into excited frenzy! Yup - Its Pizza dough. Easy, homemade, Italian Yeast Pizza dough. Crafted and molded right by your hands. Its not only satisfactory but something about making stuff on your own for your family adds a special touch to the pizza - and guess what? Its tastes additionally delicious. If you said - Yeah! Right, trust me - make it and tell me :) There are zillion versions of making pizza dough, but for today lets go into making this easy to follow recipe for “Pizza Dough" taken from Peter Reinhart's famous cookbook It yields a beautifully tasty, thin, crispy, delicate yet chewy pizza crust matching the ones which your local pizzaioli makes and rotates so flamboyantly in the air. Will post the more easier ones later. Lets go into this recipe now shall we?
recipe courtesy “the bread baker's apprentice”
- 4 1/2 Cups (20 1/4 ounces/607.5 g) Unbleached high-gluten (%14) bread flour or all purpose flour, chilled
- 1 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Instant yeast (fast rising/Rapid rise yeast)
- 1/4 Cup (2 ounces/60g) Olive oil or vegetable oil (both optional, but it’s better with)
- 1 3/4 Cups (14 ounces/420g or 420ml) Water, ice cold (40° F/4.5° C)
- 1 Tb sugar
- Semolina/durum flour or cornmeal for dusting
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!