Sweet Potato Roti
By DK on Feb 12, 2009
I have made quite a few variations of these, but this is the one that I have finally decided to make it regular. I got this one from a gal pal of mine way before during my college days when she bought them over for lunch. I have made few teeny weeny changes to her recipe. The combination of ingredients which are not many plays well together and it is not overly sweet nor sober tasting. Give it a try, you will start singing its praises too.
Prep Time: 30 min to 1 hour
Cook Time: Under 30 min
Serves: 3 people
Yield: Around 10 rotis
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- About 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Cook the sweet potatoes in some water until soft.
Grind it with a food processor until mushy.
Add the rest of the ingredients and make into a soft pliable dough.
Divide into small balls
Press it down with the palm of your hands and roll it thin flatbread
Cook it with little butter (or oil for less calories) until brown
Turn the other side and cook likewise.
2 members have made this recipe!
Did you make this recipe?
Please click below to share your experiences while you were making this recipe. Thanks for your input!
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge (Layer) Cake
- Panchratna Dal with Radish Greens
- Roasted Jalapeno Soup
- Spongy Eggless Pancakes
- Desi Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
- Hoppin' John (American Black Eyed Peas and Rice)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!