Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Soup
By DK on Nov 04, 2009
Nothing beats a warming soup. And with so many pumpkin based recipes that i have been making, it was inevitable that Pumpkin soup had to be one of them. I know I had made a Roasted Pumpkin soup long back, but then there are always variations galore. I had this one recipe from a neighbor which has such a creamy texture, that I had to make it. What more, it had this one ingredient which I am absolutely crazy about. Peanut Butter.
Along with the homemade pumpkin puree, it also has sweet potatoes along with peanut butter. They make a delicious soup and a different one from our regular affair. Its nutritious thanks to the way it is cooked with myriad flavors coming together. Try it for yourself. It will warm you up in a jiffy in the winters.
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: Under 30 min
Serves: 2 people
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- about 1-2 cups vegetable stock or water
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- few chives for garnish ( or any herb of your choosing)
Chop the sweet potatoes roughly and steam them.
Until soft. Instead of boiling, I almost always try to steam them.
Blend it into smooth puree. You can peel the skin, I prefer them on.
In a pan, melt the butter in low heat and stir pumpkin, sweet potatoes and peanut butter.
Add the stock/water and seasoning. Stir until it becomes smooth and well blended.
Cook for about 10 minutes. You can garnish it with chives and sour cream.
Be the first to showcase this recipe!
Did you make this recipe?
Please click below to share your experiences while you were making this recipe. Thanks for your input!
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese balls (using leftovers)
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge (Layer) Cake
- Panchratna Dal with Radish Greens
- Roasted Jalapeno Soup
- Spongy Eggless Pancakes
- Desi Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!