On Holy day of Ganesh Chaturthi...many types of modaks are prepared.......out of which this one is quick n easy 2 make....:)It is called talniche moak as in marathi frying is called talne....:)
i owe this to ma mom:)
- For Cover:
- 1 cup all purpose flour /wheat flour / rice flour(for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoon oil(hot)
- Oil for deep frying
- For Stuffing:
- 1 cup fresh coconut (scraped)
- 1/2 cup jaggery (grated)
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds(roasted)
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds(roasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- pinch of nutmeg powder
Mix all purpose flour and oil,till give crumble look.Add salt and water to make it a very stiff dough. Keep covered for 1/2 an hour.and make balls to the equal numbers of the stuffing balls.
For Stuffing:In a pan add jaggery and coconut together till jaggery melts and forms a uniform mixture with coconut.Mix remaining things.Mix well and make small lemon size balls.
For Modak:roll the dough balls into small puris,keep the stuffing ball and cover with the dough to give modak shape.
In a hot oil,deep fry the modak on medium heat.......serve hot...if wish can drizzle caramel or chocolate sauce for that extra oomph to ur dish:)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!