One of the best tips to avoiding a mushy fried rice is to use leftover cold cooked rice. The cooling helps the grains to firm up and is therefore easier to separate. But if you do not have any already cooked cold rice with you, simply spread out freshly cooked rice in a pan (a cookie sheet would be perfect here) and refrigerate it for few hours before cooking.
Other tips that would help
1. Use Medium to Long Grain Rice. Avoid Short grained, Sweet, Glutinous and Sushi rice.
2. If possible, try to remove excess starch from the rice by rinsing it in cold water before cooking. Its the starch that makes the rice sticky and mushy.
3. There is a reason why restaurant fried rices are oily. Adequate amount of oil helps to ensure that the rice don't stick.
4. Don't overdo the seasoning nor the vegetables. Too much sauce or watery vegetables will make the rice mushy.
You might be interested in the following recipes:
1. Vegetable Fried Rice
2. Cashew Fried Rice
3. Paneer Fried Rice
4. Garlic Fried Rice (Sinangag)
5. Triple Szechuan Fried Rice