Coconut chutney (Kobbari Pacchadi)
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 cup roasted gram (dalia/pottu kadalai - available in Indian stores)
- 2-3 green chillies (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup curd
- salt to taste
- To Temper
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal (urad dal)
- 1-2 dried red chillies (as per taste)
- few springs of curry leaves (Available in Indian stores)
- a pinch of asafoetida
Soak the roasted gram in water for at least 20 min.
Add all the Ingredients other than the ones mentioned in the Tempering section in a blender and blend them till smooth.
In case if its too thick, add more buttermilk till its neither too thick nor too watery.
Now in a tsp of oil, temper the ingredients given in the To temper section till the mustard seeds start popping.
- Thakkali Sadam (Tomato Rice Bath)
- Arisi Upma (Rice Rava Upma)
- Paruppu Vadai (Karthigai Vadai)
- Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong dal Kheer)
- Capsicum Cheese Paratha
- Carrot Beans Poriyal (stir fry)
- Kadalai Paruppu Sundal (Bengal Gram Salad)
- Frozen Banana Bites with Chocolate
- Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- Fresh Strawberry Galette