Coconut chutney (Kobbari Pacchadi)
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 cup roasted gram (dalia/pottu kadalai - available in Indian stores)
- 2-3 green chillies (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup curd
- salt to taste
- To Temper
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal (urad dal)
- 1-2 dried red chillies (as per taste)
- few springs of curry leaves (Available in Indian stores)
- a pinch of asafoetida
Soak the roasted gram in water for at least 20 min.
Add all the Ingredients other than the ones mentioned in the Tempering section in a blender and blend them till smooth.
In case if its too thick, add more buttermilk till its neither too thick nor too watery.
Now in a tsp of oil, temper the ingredients given in the To temper section till the mustard seeds start popping.
- Mixed Bell Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable Dosa Waffles
- Coconut Chutney (for Idli, Dosa)
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge (Layer) Cake
- Panchratna Dal with Radish Greens
- Roasted Jalapeno Soup
- Spongy Eggless Pancakes
- Desi Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
- Hoppin' John (American Black Eyed Peas and Rice)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!