Coconut chutney (Kobbari Pacchadi)
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 cup roasted gram (dalia/pottu kadalai - available in Indian stores)
- 2-3 green chillies (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup curd
- salt to taste
- To Temper
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal (urad dal)
- 1-2 dried red chillies (as per taste)
- few springs of curry leaves (Available in Indian stores)
- a pinch of asafoetida
Soak the roasted gram in water for at least 20 min.
Add all the Ingredients other than the ones mentioned in the Tempering section in a blender and blend them till smooth.
In case if its too thick, add more buttermilk till its neither too thick nor too watery.
Now in a tsp of oil, temper the ingredients given in the To temper section till the mustard seeds start popping.
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Paneer Moong Kathi Roll (Falka Roti)
- Ribbon (Pakoda) Murukku
- Haluski (Hungarian Cabbage w/ Egg Noodles)
- Methi Pulao (Fenugreek Leaves Pilaf)
- Arisi Murukku ( Rice Flour Butter Chakli)
- Turmeric and Peppercorn Rice
- Indian Keema Sloppy Joes (w/ Seitan)
Have a favorite recipe?
- Know a family recipe your mom used to make? Or maybe a go to recipe that works everytime? Share it with your fellow foodies!