Coconut chutney (Kobbari Pacchadi)
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 cup roasted gram (dalia/pottu kadalai - available in Indian stores)
- 2-3 green chillies (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup curd
- salt to taste
- To Temper
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal (urad dal)
- 1-2 dried red chillies (as per taste)
- few springs of curry leaves (Available in Indian stores)
- a pinch of asafoetida
Soak the roasted gram in water for at least 20 min.
Add all the Ingredients other than the ones mentioned in the Tempering section in a blender and blend them till smooth.
In case if its too thick, add more buttermilk till its neither too thick nor too watery.
Now in a tsp of oil, temper the ingredients given in the To temper section till the mustard seeds start popping.
- Cabbage Ulundu Vadai (Cabbage Dal Fritters)
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Hushpuppy (Cornbread Fritters)
- Methi Dal (Fenugreek Leaves Dal)
- Coriander (Cilantro) Peanut Chutney
- Chow Chow (Chayote Squash) Curry
- Methi Roti (Fenugreek Flatbread)
- Hummus bi Tahini (Chickpea Hummus with Tahini)
- Vegetable Fried Rice (Indo Chinese)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies